Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

It's Official, A Day of Firsts

Today is day of firsts!
I have finally started a blog of my own (much to the chagrin of friends who enjoyed my ribald comments on their blogs ) to say whatever the hell I want, not worry about who might not like it, and feel totally fine about it. It will be all straight, no chaser, no sugar coating. So don't say I didn't warn you!
Another "first", I have officially started APARTMENT HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited about getting my first apartment I could slap myself! I can't wait...no roommates...no hassles...no answering 50 fucking questions at the crack of dawn! It'll be bliss, sheer bliss, I say. I've been living with the family for the past 3 years and have slowly but surely been going insane. It's time to strike out on my own, and do my own thing before someone finds me in a corner, babbling incoherently.
But wait...There's more!
Today is my first anniversary working at the Very Cool Non-Profit (VCN). It hardly seems like a year has past but it has. It's funny considering that time stood still at the Job that Keeps on Taking (JKT). I was there 4.5 years but it felt like 45. I had 2 side jobs and still couldn't make ends meet. I'm ever so glad I gave up the slave labor for less stress and more $$$.
Firsts are funny, they are like doors you walk through only once in your life. They keep you moving forward and looking for the next great adventure or opportunity. Remember your "firsts"!
I will always remember my first!