Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Is It Me or Am I getting a Mixed Signal?

I got the weirdest phone call from the Chef. Ok, the Chef is this guy I've been dating for the past 2+ months. He originally lived in NC and moved back to this area. We met at his best friends party and have been dating ever since. Last night I came home from work and was completely wiped. I needed a nap something fierce. I slept for about 2.5 hours and awoke around 9:45pm. Still groggy from sleep, my phone rings and of course it's the Chef. The voice on the other end says"what's up? I'm going to bed and I'll call you tomorrow." WTF? I must be crazy or something. Why the f*ck call me if you're not going to talk? Why not just save it for tomorrow?why call at all? If I didn't hear from you then I didn't hear from you. DO NOT call me to tell me you can't talk because you're going to bed! What the f*ck were you doing all evening?
I can honestly say that I am pissed off about this! Why you ask,fellow bloggers? I am pissed b/c I did not talk to this guy at all last week except for Monday 3/28! Now he's pulling this shit! Ok, so what is going on? The excuse I got for last week was "I was asleep." Ok, it's possible but what's your excuse this week? Oh boy, this guy better get his shit together! QUICKLY!
His Best Friend (BF) told me that he said he needed "me time". OK, you need "me time", I can understand that, but no phone calls at all? If he really wants alone time, I can provide that. I 'm not interested in a guy who has to be pushed and prodded to nuture a relationship. BF says that he needs an occasional push, that he needs someone to help him, a foot in the ass, etc. All he needs is a strong woman. I AM NOT YOUR MAMA! Get your shit together, pal!
Why am I up in arms about this? Well, partly b/c we communicated quite a bit when he lived further away. Now I'm getting a phone call about once a week. This will not do!
Am I getting mixed signals? Has the game changed? What's going on? Is he getting scared? Am I too much for him?
Is the fairy tale over?