Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Monday, April 11, 2005

Finding The Purple Bra

About a month ago I went on-line and purchased a couple of colorful bras. Why is this important? Well partly because prior to that point, the only color bra I consistentl bought was black. Yeah, had a flesh colored and a white bra because our mothers teach us we need at least one of these. But black was the color of choice for bras and undies. So I'm on the web and I purchase 3 bras in the following colors: mineral green, purple, and green/gold combo. They finally arrive via UPS and they look as gorgeous as they did on the website. I was exstatic about them.
I immediately removed all the tags and placed them in my already overflowing undie/bra drawer. As time went on, I wanted to wear the bra since I had recently bought matching undies to wear with it (in the same shade no less) but was unable to locate it in the drawer. WTF? How do you lose a bra? It's either dirty and in the hamper or it's clean and in the drawer! A bra that you just bought and never worn does not just disappear. Something was very wrong. I looked everywhere... in the box that it was shipped in, in the trash ( I know this sounds weird), in the closet, in an empty suitcase. I looked everywhere... but no purple bra! Knowing it would eventually it would surface, I moved on with the day to day activities of living. But every once in a while I would lift up the edges of my dust ruffle and look under the bed, just hoping the bra would surface. Alas to no avail.
Well my luck shifted on Saturday morning because as I was packing up my bedroom tchotckes I noticed something purple in my line of vision. It was the purple bra peeking from underneath the bottom of my chest of drawers. Well what do you know, it had fallen out of the top drawer (while inside the drawer) to the bottom of the chest.

I had found the bra!

Don't ya just love it when things fall into place?