Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Reckless

We decided to meet for happy hour. We hadn't seen each other in a while. We needed to catch up, see one another, reconnect. I meet him at his parent's house. We drove to Virginia to Chevy's for margaritas. We had several, talking, catching up, shots of tequila (him, not me). We stare at each other across the table, eyes saying things are mouths aren't. The tension is there, thick, like smoke, waiting to be cut like hot apple pie.

We leave the Chevy's, we get into his Jeep, he has seat warmers. Thank God! It's winter and his seats are leather. We glance at each other, I smile at him, feeling the warmth of the margaritas. He leans over while driving and kisses me like its the last time. We're driving on 395, on the highway. He is kissing me and steering the Jeep. We could crash any minute, but we don't because he trying to keep his eye on the road and his lips on mine. It's reckless, but it feels so good. I break the kiss, I don't want to end up down a ravine. He keeps his hands on me, it's like he can't live without my touch. I revel in the feeling of it.

We get back to his parents house, we turn on the TV. I plop into a nearby chair. He comes over to lean over me and gives another mind-blowing kiss. I can't get enough of them. Soon he's lifting me from the chair, he's reaching under my shirt unclasping my bra. We make our way to the bedroom, lips and hands are everywhere. Mindless, we both try to connect skin on skin. Whispering words of heated passion we touch every inch of each other. No spot is left neglected. He stops and caresses my face, as if trying to rememer this moment forever. He then kisses me ever so tenderly and says, " I love you (insert last name here).

Our coming together is the perfect storm. We bond as if we have come across oceans of time to find one another. It is dizzying and frightening at the same time. It is not just a coupling, but a mating.

author's note: the above mentioned interlude took place prior to 1999.