Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Thursday, June 23, 2005

As Another Year Goes By...

I realized I'm getting older.

It isn't a frightening thought, it's just something I've actually had time and was still enough to give some thought to. I still feel like a young girl of 16... I still feel optimistic about life and love. I never want to be one of those people that "feels old." I truly believe that you are only as young as you feel! I wanna always feel young and youthful.

Tomorrow I'll be turning another year older and I wonder why society wants to put us into these little compartments.

"Oh, you're 30, you can't do such and such anymore. Why are you still doing that, you did that when you were 20-something... are still doing that?"

Who says I still can't enjoy the things I did when I was 20-something? Especially since now I can afford to really enjoy those things? It's crazy!

I don't want to be put into box and stuck on a shelf... in a corner..."No one puts Baby in a corner!"

Just because I'm getting older doesn't mean my life is stopping. For me it seems as though it's only getting started, as if I'm just beginning to learn the rules of play, as if I'm finally beginning to live.

Damn, all of those folks that believe life is all down hill after 30... you don't have a clue!
While you're waiting to die, I'll be living, loving, and enjoying every sinful momemt!

Life is Good!