Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Monday, June 13, 2005

The Highlight To An Otherwise Stressful and Random Week

Well boys and girls...This tale is about what happens when bloggers get together for blogtinis.

Friday 6/9/05

It's around 2:30 pm... ThatGirl has worked and irritated the last nerve of my last nerve...I am highly annoyed by her... I let her know it... She calls me grumpy, I am secretly calling her "stupid TG" ( guess it's not a secret anymore).

We hang up.
I am still annoyed.


1 hour later... it's her...AGAIN, with the same damn conversation we just had an hour ago. I am ready to slit my wrists, slap her, and "bail" as she affectionately put it.

I resist the urge...breathe, phone Independentgrl to ensure her attendance for the night's activities... and get into another verbal sparring match with TG.

She always has to have the last word! I am having 2 conversations at once. IG is laughing b/c she doesn't have to ask who I'm talking to on the other phone...she knows.

"Fine, fine, 5:30 M&S Grill, I'll be there.

I arrive at 5:45 due to nondrivers in the city and park,walk over to the spot.

TG is there at the bar already with drink in hand (almost finished I might add)... a MANGO MARTINI. I order one as well and we go grab a table to accommodate the throng of bloggers soon to be in our midst.

IG is next to arrive and she too orders a MANGO MARTNI. They are like the nectar of the gods! I would say they are on par wih the famous Bonefish Grill's cadre of martini's! One of the best Martini I've had.

TG proceeds to run down AGAIN the night's line up of players...
Emptyman + date, Jasika + friend, RC666+ and CS+ friend, Blue944 + long time friend. Yeah, yeah TG, I think I got it this time."

Empty is the first to arrive... looking nothing like I expected and being very funny... 'Hey I like this Empty guy... he's pretty cool!" Empty advises me NOT to attend law school.. something about not being able to play well with other people afterwards.

Thanks for the advice , Empty...I guess I do need to be able to play well with others.

Then Empty's date arrives. She seems nice, is wearing a smokin' pair of shoes (well, what do you want from me? check the sidebar dammit!) and all smiles...for Empty. They hang for a round or two but leave as Blue944 and friend arrive for dinner at
The Bicycle . (I think)

Now here's where the story gets fuzzy...at this point I've had several MANGO Martinis and feeling pretty damn good at this point.

Blue944 arrives with longtime friend (LF)...totally unexpected... or maybe the time just flew by. But Blue944 was there... the man of the night. He makes an entrance and breezes in like he's known us all our lives... and it feels that way too.

Blue feels right at home and settles in to make me crack up laughing for the rest of the night! LF joined in too making me laugh hysterically and uproariously. I never met 2 funnier guys!

All of a sudden... I didn't want to slap TG... IG looked to be having a great time too... Blue944 was making me laugh again...Life is good!

Next, RC666 and crew arrive and our party is now taking up 3 round tables. By now Empty is sitting down to Calamari and a great bottle of red wine and RC666 and crew are ordering drinks and food. Their crew is much quieter...possibly feeling a little young with all the older adults chatting.

Finally Jasika and friend arrive. Whoa, Jasika is a knockout and looks like she should be on the cover of Italian or French Vogue. She is very exotic... with a beatiful smile! Her friend was pretty cute too with his mop of curly blond hair. Go Jasika!

A good time was had by all, the party moved to Howl at the Moon, IG and I said our goodnight's and made Blue promise he would come to Vegas.

CAN I TELL YOU HOW STOKED I AM FOR THIS VEGAS TRIP?

COME...COME TO VEGAS! IT WILL BE FUN!

Needless to say Friday night out with a few random bloggers was the highlight to an otherwise stressful and completely random week!

I loved it and had the best time. Wish I could have stayed out later.