Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Death Of A Chef

"What happened? What went wrong?"

These are the questions I ask myself as I rouse myself from sleep this morning. This was also my last waking thought last night as I drifted off to sleep. Yesterday was my 31st birthday. It was a good day. I had "Pie Day" at work... apple pie from the Pie Guy!" I had an early dinner and drinks with friends, and my phone rang non-stop all day with calls from friends near and far wishing me a "Happy Birthday" on my special day. As my phone rang with endless calls, there was a call that I did not receive... a call from the Chef.

Ok let me clarify... I actually received 2 calls from the Chef... BUT NOT ONE, NOT ONE F*CKIN' CALL WAS TO WISH ME A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Asshole! Oh, yeah call me to shoot the shit, but no happy birthday? Give me a f*ckin' break!

So here it is... the weekend of my birthday... we have no plans together, he did not call to even wish me "happy birthday", and he knew it was my birthday, he made other plans that didn't involve me.

He had the audacity to call me this morning to tell me he called me back but he didn't want to tell me happy birthday in a message!

"Uhm... excuse me... so it was better to not send wishes at all? Better yet...you could have given them one of the of other 2 times you phoned! And don't try to back bill with that baldface lie!
I am NOT a fucking idiot!"

I am trying very hard not to scream and spit a littany of profanity!

I am very hurt and angry because this feels like complete disrespect AND a slap in the face! I don't expect a great deal from people, I have learned that when you expect things you get disappointed. And this is definitely one of those times.
But in this situation, IS IT too much to expect the guy you're dating to do something special on your special day? Oh please, tell me if I am making too much of this, if I am over-reacting! Far be it from me to submit to a female fit of pique without proper cause!

I intend to get an explanantion! I want to hear EVERY possible reason why. I will listen and I will not interrupt. I will not fly into a rage. I will not raise my voice. I will give my undivided attention.
THEN... I will tell him EXACTLY how I feel. I will go on to enlighten him about the type of partner I'm looking for in a relationship.

At this point... I have already made my decision.

Tonight I will be having a few close friemds over to the villa for some snacks and a few hands of cards... nothing major. But I will be surrounded by people that WANT to be a part of my life.

The Chef did not receive an invitation, hell, he already had other plans... he f*cked up!

Oh well! His loss... not every man is ready for PRIMETIME, with the HipChick!