Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

5 Miles To The Dealership...

Damn! It happened. My car has "given up the ghost" so to speak.
I'm driving home from a client's house... on the hottest day of the year, and the AC just stops.

No flashing lights, no sirens, no loss of power... it just died. Now there are some reading this that will say " her shit was on it's last leg anyway, what's the big deal?"

I say to them, " yes, yes it was! But I didn't think it would stop today... of all days."

So I am now driving without air conditioning. This blows worse than having no car at all. At least with no car you can bum a ride with somebody with AC.

As I was driving to the closest place with AC... I began to think about the future unloading of my current vehicle. This current event has pushed the pending purchase date ever so much closer... to RIGHT NOW!

I'm a wuss, I can't deal... I need a late model sedan ( preferably coupe) NOW! Two days ago even! I need air!

So I have begun the search for a new vehicle... my current jitny has served its purpose and is now tired... she needs a rest... she can't stop leaking oil and she can no longer cool herself (or me, which is infintely more important, dammit!) so she must be put down!

As I am fanning myself at a stoplight... needing a shower and some dry clothing, I look up to see a billboard for a Toyota dealership... 5 miles up ahead....

I'm on my way....