Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Oh What A Feelin.. Toyota!


I am HipChick.

This is my car!

My NEW car!

Yes, that's right, I took the big plunge yesterday and purchased my first Toyota!

Solara, that is! I have had my eye on this vehicle for quite awhile but had no plans to purchase it. The recent car troubles have necessitated the need for drastic measures and my new car purchase.

Woohoo! I feel like such a big kid right now... of course this is after spending all afternoon and most of the evening on Saturday at Toyota of Bowie with my great salesman... Mark Sands. Mark helped me rule out the hot new Scion tC and got me into my 2006 Solara... in Desert Sand Mica.

I test drove the Scion tC... it's definitely a HOT car but after driving a Neon for 5 years, I wanted to sit a little higher off the ground. The Scion is great if you want to regain your lost youth with a sporty coupe at an affordable price.

I also test drive the Solara SE... I have to say that this car even with a 4 cyl. engine MOVES. I decided on the 4 cyl. instead of the v6 because of my own driving habits... with my lead foot the v6 was more trouble than I need or want! The 4 cyl. does come with a DOHC ( dual or double overhead cam- for the automotive challenged) 2.4 liter engine... hey, this is all HipChick needs... a little speed with out having to turn off the AC to get up a hill. All you folks driving 4 cyl. SOHC ( single overhead cam) cars know what I'm talking about. Mark didn't seem to mind either that I wanted to "run it out" on the test drive. Mark was the coolest car salesman I've every had the pleasure of working with. Really! Go buy a car from him even if you DON'T live in the area!

Like my Dad always told me..."you need to stay away from the picture-takers" i.e. COPS! So no V6. She rides like a dream, handles great, and has tinted windows and a moonroof! I'm over the moon just now about this purchase. I finally feel life life is coming together now.

So the car saga has ended. I feel bit more grown up with my grown up car... a major grown up purchase.

So all I need now is a part-time job so I can drive the car and still go SHOE-shopping! I think I hear Target calling....