Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I Was Kissed By Kelly Bell

It's what every self-proclaimed groupie strives for... to be kissed by the lead singer of the band.

I was hugged and definitely kissed by my favorite blues singer... Kelly Bell. Life is definitely good.

Friday evening at the Can Company in Canton. Sitting outside Kiss Cafe watching the "best Blues band in Baltimore" play is how the evening began. It was sunny and hot, weather just right for the blues. KBB is playing, Shell and I have great seats, and I have decided to take pictures of the bands performance.

Out of nowhere storm clouds roll in, it gets dark and the rain POURS down on us. I can not believe this... it was just sunny and hot! We watch as others run into Kiss Cafe to escape the rain and the band does its best to secure the equipment.

Shell and I both stand under an umbrella with others watching the torrential downpour and laughing at the craziness of it all. Soon the others make a bee line for the inside and we are alone under the umbrella...which we soon find out has a hole as it begins to leak on my head.

We continue to comment on the randomness of the event thus far and lo and behold I see him.

Kelly Bell...wearing a wife-beater... drenched, dripping and walking over towards the equipment van. He spots me and makes a bee line over to our umbrella.

Without a word he envelopes me in an embrace and plants a wonderful kiss on my cheek! I almost passed out!

What the hell? Ok, I'll take it!
In those few magical seconds, I took it all in... his dreds... his wet skin... his scent... committing every last drop to memory for an eternity!

We hang out chatting under the umbrella for several minutes and he leaves us to go back to helping the rest of the band secure the sound equipment.

I have just died and gone to HEAVEN!

I guess I really am a groupie now!