Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Back in the Swing...Kinda



Hi all. Yes... the rumors are true... I'm back from vacation and have hit the ground running.
Why is it when you come back from vacation that there are 50 MILLION things that need your attention?

Would you believe that HipChick was dumb enough to go back to work the day after she got back from vacation? I can't believe it either! THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!

Anyways, the vacation was...in a word....AWESOME! I had a wonderful time doing all the things I love to do...gamble, take photos, and shop! Not in that particular order, mind you. There is something to be said for a place you can go where everything is done for you short of wiping your ass. I will admit...I was spoiled....I totally loved it!

I have not had a chance to develop the photos from the trip yet. I have some amazing shots! Think iguanas... in the heart of the Mayan jungle! What the hell have I been doing? Well, I've been working... and shopping. On my vacation I had the opportunity to purchase several works of art from Park West Gallery. I purchased 3 works of art, 2 pieces by
Slava Brodinsky and one by an artist named Groban. The picture is one of Brodinsky's other works...this is not the painting I bought. I love the way he plays with the light...very striking... and the colors work real well with the living room furniture which is a moss green.

I have always loved art, and since I have moved into the villa the walls have been naked. So upon my return to the mainland, I began in earnest trying make the villa look a little more lived in. To do that, a girl must go shopping! So I've been shopping for more furniture and more art. I managed to put up a few pieces and the place is starting to take on a more sophisticated, grown-up quality! The villa is really coming together and I can not wait to get the rest of the art on the walls!

So that' s what I've been doing this last week and a half... I fully expect to be back to blogging now... can't wait to see what everyone has been up to!

Shit, I forgot I have to go to Home Depot!