Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Monday, August 29, 2005

Forward?

How do you know when it's over?

When it's over you no longer call each other 6 times a day. You no longer stop by and visit. You no longer email. No strange!

So if you were dating someone but broke up, would you still send that person emails... forwards to be more exact? Is it weird to include someone you're no longer involved wih in a forward of any kind?

This is the burning question that I posed to my pit mates this morning. I opened up my Yahoo mail account to see a forward form The Chef.

I'm thinking "OMG, what the f*ck does he want?" so I open his e-mail and have a look see... I see one of those "inspirational" emails entitled..."Daddy's Empty Chair".

How the hell does this pertain to me?

First... I'm not a man....second I don't have any kids... third...you never sent me forwards when we where "dating", so what gives?

The general consensus is that this is merely a ploy to keep the lines of communication open. As 'Chell stated, it's the wuss way out to try and communicate with you without actually growing some balls and calling you."

This isn't the first incidental forward from him. I got one a couple of weeks ago with another forward...I could totally be making a big deal out of nothing BUT if you weren't interested in seeing someone anymore why send them an e-mail?

Another pit mate ( new to this particular area of real estate) asked IF this email nonsense was a ploy to get re-acquainted WOULD I be interested. I had to think for a minute because I had not honestly even considered it a possibility. Who goes back to the person that shows you they can't or won't do what you've asked of them? I'm thinking The Chef would have needed to undergo a major life-altering change in a few short weeks. The odds of such are pretty slim.

On the flip side, this could be perfectly normal in the world of dating but it freaks me out... I think it's more than a little unusual. Maybe this is because when I let you go... YOU ARE GONE! I sever the ties... but I want to know what others feel about this.

Is it ok to email ex's with forwards and other crap if you just recently broke up? If you engage in this practice, what is the motivation behind it? Discuss.

Share your thoughts!