Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Monday, December 19, 2005

Life Is Short...

"Life is short...buy the shoes"

This small pearl of wisdom was so eloquently etched on a shoe ornament given to me by Beltone. It was an epiphany of sorts.

I had been debating on whether to buy a $200 pair of leather stiletto boots. These boots are especially made for women with large calves. My calves are large and it is murder trying to find knee high boots that will actually fit mine. In other words, I like them but they don't like me. I found them on Zappos. com and they are gorgeous!

After seeing this lovely ornament given to me by Beltone, having a rationalization session with Girl Who Texts Messages, and seeing the size of my Christmas bonus check, I decided to buy the boots! A girl has gotta have knee high boots!

Sometimes I feel a little niggling guilt about buying things for myself...like I don't always deserve. but then I think , "I sure do deserve it, and then some..." Why do we always feel that we are less deserving than those around us? Is it something out mothers teach us? Is it learned?

I have come to this rationalization: I will treat myself now because when spouse and children come, I will need to sacrifice for their sakes. Until then... GAME ON!