Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Meaningless Trips and Gettin' It For a Song...

Well, I have done it. I purchased almost everything one "hip chick" could need for her very own dark room.

And I got it for a song on EBAY!

The only items missing are a negative carrier ( for my specific enlarger) and chemicals. I plan to acquire both of these soon. I tallied up what I spent at the Smithsonian darkrooms and I could have bought my own darkroom a year ago. Sometimes it take a person on the outside looking in to give you a fresh perspective. It was actully one of my best friends, Reedy, that offered me her laundry room in her basement as a darkroom that got me to thinking about why not set it up in my own place.

Thank God for friends! I'll be posting some stuff I've printed in the coming weeks.

The week has had a bit of a rough start. Monday was the worst! I get up at the crack of dawn to make sure that I am on time ( a rarety in itself) for a meeting in Hunt Valley ( it is bum fuck for all those who are more familiar with DC) and I get there only to find out the meeting has been cancelled!

Nevermind I find out 15 minutes after the meeting was supposed to start.

Nevermind that I had to drive 1.5 hours to get there.

Nevermind the wait would have been longer had I not called my supervisor.

Needless to say HipCHick was PISSED! Yes, gas prices have gone down but gas it still more than $2 per gallon... and wait a minute! I just spent 3 hours of my day in the car ( although it is a very nice car!)

GRRRRR! !@##$%

I was not a happy camper, and I didn't want to put on a happy face. What I wanted to do was hit someone in the face. I was livid! I could have committed mayhem...
Have you ever wanted to just slap the hell out of someone?...even though you knew there was gonna be hell to pay afterwards?

Yeah, that's how I was feeling!

I didn't want to be around people, or have my coworkers see me trying unsuccessfully to calm dowm or shake it off.... so I decided to isolate myself and be alone... working from home.

HipChick calmed down...

HipChick doesn't feel like hurting people anymore...

HipChick has let it go

Whooosaaah!