Who Are You, Anyway?

I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep...nobody's really seen my million subtleties...

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Look Who The Cat Dragged In...

Like sands across the desert,
I have been adrift.
Trying to find my way,
back from the abyss.
Tossed hither and yon,
I have been restless.
Searching for a way
To make the best of it.

~HipChick

The past month has been stressful. Having to come to grips with the impending death of my aunt with breast cancer, getting messages from beyond the grave, and then her funeral left HipChick drained. Add in psychotic cousins, trying to keep the proverbial family peace and what do you get....

SICK!

Imagine a cold blustery day where HipChick is coughing up her lung during the funeral service and then standing out in the cold at the cemetery to see a loved one laid to rest and then finally visiting the grave of a 3 yr old cousin that she had not been allowed to see lain to rest. Yeah, it was a bit too much... even for me.

HipChick needed to stop coughing (she is still waiting for this particular phenomenon)!

HipChick needed to grieve!

HipChick needed to pick up her left lung from off the floor!

HipChick needed a break!

HipChick is ok now. She has let it go.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sorry I haven't checked in on anyone. what the hell have you all been doing?

I have decided to stop messing around with community darkrooms and trying to find one and have decided to set up my own right here in the villa. I've got more closets than I have clothes (if you can believe that) and have decided to use my huge hall closet as the darkroom. I've purchased all necessary equipment from Ebay ( love them!) and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. The only things I have to get now are my chemistry.

Yeah!

I feel like it's time to get a little more serious about the photography.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

With all the recent talk of death and dying, I have finally convinced my mother to take action and write up a revocable trust and will. It has taken me 7 years and the death of her sister to realize that everything needs to be put in writing and made official. Finally she has listened to me and I could not be happier!

I have even begun taking steps to put together my own trust and will. Tomorrow is promised to no one. I'd like to think that family would not be overwhelmed with preparing a funeral and administering my estate, but I know that that is not always the case. So HipChick will be prepared.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I've been thinking about starting a business. I don't know what area to focus on, but I just know that I want to start something. It's amazing the things that come to mind in between coughing and picking up your lung!


We shall see where this road leads me!